Thursday, August 12, 2010

Padron 1964 anniversary Series Diplimatico (natural)

Padron 1964 Anniversary Series Diplimatico (Natural)




Size: 7 X 50

Strength: Medium to Full

Wrapper: Nicaragua

Binder: Nicaragua

Filler: Nicaragua

Ash : Greyish White Slightly Flaky but very Strong



After a Long day at the office, I had to then travel home where I was to soon be making a small fence on the side of my house . I knew it was going to be a long night. The fence was successful but boy was I exhausted. I truly felt like I needed something rewarding for what I had accomplished today , and what better cigar than a Padron, i decided to smoke the 1964 natural Aniversarry diplimatico (Churchill) . Padron cigars is a brand known worldwide, for its persistent consistency and quality product. Jose Padron born in 1926, at a young age farmed tobacco in Pinar Del Rio which is a prime area for cultivating tobacco in Cuba . in 1961 Jose Padrons farm became nationalized by Fidel Castro. This then led to Jose getting a job as a carpenter in Miami, with a hammer he received from his friend, this hammer earned Jose the $600 he needed to start a tobacco farm. Today Padron cigars run by both Jose and his son Jorge Padron is the most well known name for a quality product. There cigars have been rated multiple times by both cigar insider and cigar aficionado, and to my knowledge they’ve only had a few cigars rated under 90 points and a Ton rated over 90 . Padron cigars has also been in cigar aficionados top 25 cigars of the year , in 2004, and 2007 , and in 2009 the Padron No.45 was crowed number 1 cigar of the year . You don’t get to be number one if you really don’t try your hardest at what you do and clearly the Padrons do , they have the ratings to prove it , and if u still don’t believe all the hype go to your local cigar shop, pick one up and SMOKE IT they speak for themselves. I have smoked every brand of Cuban cigar in every size and yes that includes cohiba and all the Singlo series’ too , I have also smoked alot of Cuban Limited editions from 2004, 2006 and 2008 as well as some of the Regional Editions which are cigars that are excliusive for certain countires like for instance in Canada Vegas Robaina released a special sized robusto only for realease in Canada , Bolivar did a Cigar for asia which was a short Edmundo this was one great cigar I must say. I’ ve smoked quite a few 20 year aged Cubans including cohiba lancero , esplendido , romeo Y julieta Churchill , hoyo De Moterry Double Corona , Monte cristo No. 2 and No.4’s and I can honestly say , I respect Padron cigars and I do really enjoy them ALOT , they truly do remind me of that Cuban like taste and tradition. Jose did a great job on maintaining his families heritage that dates back to the 1850’s , and the No.45 Maduro was one amazing cigar that I would defiantly smoke on so many occasions.





The 1964 was created in commemoration of the companies 30 years , This cigar is a limited release Nicaraguan Puro (only Nicaraguan tobacco). Each cigar has an authenticity band beneath the Padron label , this cigar was No.807952, This cigar has 4 year aged tobacco and debuted in 1994 which means that this blend is now 16 years old , , This cigar is available in a Maduro Wrapper and Natural . Today I am smoking the Diplimatico which is 7 X 50 box pressed . The Wrapper is not your typical everyday wrapper that you see , it has some evident veins that run across it , and the wrapper has an almost slight wrinkle to it , it was hardly toothy , and slightly oily



Taste Profiles

Imediatly after lighting the foot , I was rewarded with a soft nutty taste , followed by a body of cream , talk about a good first impression , Love at first puff could you say ? YESSSS SIRR , the burn at this point is very fair a slight unevenness but nothing that I couldn’t use my torch to touch up just a tad it took about 3 minutes for the draw to fully open up but when it did my palate thanked me for it. As I’m getting into the 2/3 point of this cigar the body is beginning to become fuller but still maintaining the creamy nut flavours , now there’s just a hint of pepper for a bite in the back of my throat. The burn at this point is still good but is continuing to remain uneven in the one area , like i said before its nothing that cant be fixed. The final third was where the body became fuller , increasing pepery notes and decreasing the cream , thats not to say that there wasn’t still an undertone of cream coming through .







Summary

Overall this is an amazing smoke that offers alot of great flavours. Medium to full bodied with creamy nutty flavours complimented by peppery spice. This cigar is one that your palate will not hesitate to thank you more than once, a good burn and nice overall appearance make this pardon a keeper , and at a reasonable price for a limited pardon as well .

Sincerely

Eric D. Kukucka (member of the montecristo lounge)

No comments: